Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy Rhodes

From: "John D. Walker" <jdwalker@post.cis.smu.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 10:32:01 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Happy Rhodes
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Yep, go buy something of Happy's. The Borders in my town (Plano TX) has a
whole bunch of Happy's stuff. That's the only place I've seen her. It's
worth it even if you end up not liking her, just to hear her do some of
the vocal things she does. Each register that she uses is very distinct.
At times she sounds like four or more different people.

In addition to Vickie's analysis, I would suggest there's a lot of Jon
Anderson (Yes) in Happy's past. She phrases like him at times. Cross Kate
with Jon Anderson, David Bowie, and Annie Lenox and you get Happy.

JW      jdwalker@post.smu.edu

Enter the Realm - the LOCHINVAR Home Page!
http://members.aol.com/LordLknvar/realm.htm
Email: LordLknvar@aol.com