Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HoL Remaster blew up my stereo!

From: "John D. Walker" <jdwalker@post.cis.smu.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 10:22:46 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: HoL Remaster blew up my stereo!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Last evening the Significant Other departed for the movies, leaving me
alone with my dog, my stereo, and my HoL remaster.

To make a long story short, I blew my amp up, right at the part where
Kate sez, "Tell 'em sisters"... there's a great deal of low frequency
information on "The Big Sky", which I attribute the explosion to.

It's a Hafler, 255 watts per channel, which feeds two B&W Matrix 3
speakers. I guess I had it up pretty loud, the dog was grimacing in pain,
but I thought she had just gotten a bad milk bone or something.

This remaster thingie is L O U D!! And it sounds great. Kate's vocals are
very clear, there's no hiss or fuzz, this is a great remastering job!

Off to get the amp fixed....

JW      jdwalker@post.smu.edu

Enter the Realm - the LOCHINVAR Home Page!
http://members.aol.com/LordLknvar/realm.htm
Email: LordLknvar@aol.com