Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: calling Winter

From: "katya" <katya@clear.net.nz>
Date: 20 Jul 1997 05:39:45 GMT
Subject: Re: calling Winter
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ronald W. Garrison wrote
> ...I don't know where Winter is, but he sure ain't here...
> It's supposed to get to 99 degrees here today (that's about 37 Celsius,
> for you Fahrenheit-challenged folks). ~~~~~~~~:-)...
What? Hot? NOT FAIR!!! And, do you have any idea exactly how much the cold
impeeds your typing?

> Can't some of you Aussies or Kiwis help this poor bloke out??

Well, yes actually. Winter is currently enjoying his rule in NZ. Last
night, on a slow, warm 'port assisted' walk home from the pub, I found a
native moth - (about 5 inches across, beautiful creature, and unmangled,
unlike the one my cat brought to me yesterday.....) trapped under ice, and
knew exactly how it felt.........strange that he was there at all....I've
never seen one in winter before, let alone 2.......maybe it's an

Yours in wollen jerseys and gas heaters........

Katya