Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Spice Girls (again!)

From: nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave Watkins)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:53:55 -0300
Subject: Spice Girls (again!)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi lovehounds,

so i was out shopping with my papa last Sunday and we were driving back
home when Radio 1 were doing a special on the spice girls.  They were
interviewing them all, one by one, about their likes, influences etc. and
they got to Sporty Spice (Mel B/C? - who i like 'cos i wear tracksuits alot
to) and she said that her earliest 'pop' memory was dancing around the room
to Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights.  I think she said something along the
line of "dead sad, but dead fun".  ANd then they play Wuthering
Heights......and I'm sitting there thinking this is unbelievable since this
is KT on Radio about 3 in the afternoon.  So I turn the volume up and give
our street and the nearby pub a good blasting of Cathy.

Dave