Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: WANTED: Dreamind Demos

From: Chris Williams <chrisw@wwa.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 22:14:03 -0500
Subject: Re: WANTED: Dreamind Demos
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

raymondo@nr.infi.net wrote:
>Some time ago I read that Kate preferred her demos of 'The Dreaming'
>to the finished product. Can anyone out there help me find a copy of
>these. I check lists from time to time, but nobody seems to have them.

   Heh...I'd like a copy too!

   Actually, Kate had stated that she had to work very hard
re-creating the "feel" of the demos in the final studio version.
She beat this problem by building her own full-fledged studio,
replacing the demo studio where she built the demos of The Dreaming.

   All albums after that have been built onto the master tapes
from her first inspiration.

   As far as demos of "The Dreaming"...not a chance! Kate has
control of all her master tapes, and since "Hounds Of Love"
everything has remained in her control. Nothing (to my knowledge)
has slipped out.