Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Does Kate sing on Band Aid, "Feed the World"

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 11:22:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Does Kate sing on Band Aid, "Feed the World"
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
To: Philliph <PHILLIPH@ICENTER.NET>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Philliph wrote:

> I have a CD player that holds 200 CD's and often let it play songs at
> random. This afternoon I was working at my PC while playing CD's at
> random, and my player played Back to Back songs, "Army Dreamers", and
> then the Band Aid, song "Feed the World", which reminded me of a
> question that I  have often wondered. Does Kate sing on "Feed the
> world", and if so is there any specific part where her voice is
> predominant, or at least noticable? I know that I, as a very long and
> loyal Kate fan(atic) could be chastised for not knowing this, and
> should
> be able to recognize her voice, but please humour me. Kindest reagrds
> all. Phillp Holbrook

...I have an interview disc where, I distinctly remember, the topic of
Live Aid came up, and Kate said that she would have loved to have been
asked, but wasn't. There was no indication that she was particularly
upset about this, and no hint was given by the interviewer or the
interviewee as to why she was not invited. Could've been any number of
reasons, I suppose, most of them perfectly understandable.

--Ron Garrison

--
http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/