Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Under The Ivy

From: Leigh.Perkins@sset.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 10:01:51 -0700
Subject: Re: Under The Ivy
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

     Hi Don

     the line "the green on the grey" is a possible indicator of a
     graveyard, this may not be as far fetched as it seems - East Wickham
     farm looks across to Plumstead Church and the common.  I wonder if
     this was somewhere to hide from everyone!! - there's alot of
     gravestones that are covered with ivy there - what think you??

     Leigh

Author:  love-hounds@gryphon.com at INTERNET
Date:    7/11/97 1:28 AM

At 9:13 AM -0700 7-11-97, Leigh.Perkins@sset.com wrote:

>     It's funny, I always found this song to be almost the opposite, the
>     reaction of someone hurting emotionally who needs to find a place to
>     hide that they know and trust.  Some of us run to under the stairs -
>     some go under the ivy.  (Incidentally, we have a local area called
>     Willingham Woods where Ivy (Helixia) grows rampant, in amongst it are
>     thorny wild roses - pink and white!!

I don't know about going Under the Ivy for comfort. Any ivy I've seen out
here in California has rats, snakes and other critters living in it!!!

- Don