Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and (not) The Young Ones

From: Spbarker@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 17:22:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Kate and (not) The Young Ones
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Leigh wrote:
>     Although members of TYO did appear in Les Dogs, the production was
>     actually one of the comic strip presents series.
>
>     I'm at work at the moment - can anyone else help out on the name of
>     the writers and key stars (one of which I am sure directed TSW video -
>     Peter something something - help)

For those who are interested, here are the full details of the film, as
listed
in the Radio Times:

  The Comic Strip Presents...
  Les Dogs
  Last show in the series.
  At the point of death in a motor accident, businessman Victor relives a
  ten-year affair with a beautiful bride.
  Bride (Angela) ... KATE BUSH
  Groom (Jeff) ... DANNY PEACOCK
  Bride's mother ... MIRANDA RICHARDSON
  Groom's mother ... JULIE T. WALLACE
  Groom's father ... TIM MCINNERNY
  Best man ... ADRIAN EDMONDSON
  Victor ... PETER RICHARDSON
  Leader on TV ... KEITH ALLEN
  Danny ... STEVE O'DONNELL
  Brother-in-law ... CHRIS MALCOM
  Man shot ... JIMMY FAGG
  'Les Dogs' singer ... KEVIN ALLEN
  Waiter ... GARY BEADLE
  Head waiter ... GEORGE KAHN
  Written by PETER RICHARDSON and PETE RICHENS
  Directed by PETER RICHARDSON
  Executive producer MICHAEL WHITE
  A Comic Strip presentation for BBCtv

It's interesting that Kate is given lead billing even though she
really only has a bit-part and hardly says a word.

Simon