Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: age??

From: Monica Sztybel <stybz@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 1997 20:17:57 -0400
Subject: Re: age??
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi.  I'm new here, and this looks like a good time to jump in:-)  My
name is Monica and I am 30 years old.  I got into Kate Bush when I was
18.  I first heard Running Up That Hill, and I didn't care for it at the
time because I thought it was the Motels, who I wasn't crazy about back
then.

Then I heard Hounds of Love and liked it a lot.  What really got my
attention was the French version to The Infant Kiss.  Knowing very
little French, I had a hard time translating the song.  When I finally
got a hold of the English version, I was a bit surprised, yet intrigued
by it.

One of my favorite songs of all time is Cloudbusting.  I saw the video
with Donald Sutherland and I just loved it.  Her songs are so compelling
and complex.  Yet they're entertaining as well.

I own all her albums and I can't get enough of them.  I also have a few
bootlegs as well.

Being that I'm new here, I'm going to ask a question I'm sure many of
you have heard before...Does anyone know if she's still recording
music?  The last album was The Red Shoes, wasn't it?  Anyone know what's
new with her?

Monica
--
"To touch a soul is a precious gift."