Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Touring

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 03:46:10 -0700
Subject: Re: Touring
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 11:10 PM -0700 6-24-97, Alan Chamberlin wrote:
>Leigh.Perkins@sset.com wrote in article <3aaaa4e0@sset.com>...
>>      Hi Ron
>>
>>      No, he was doing the idiot check (the check made after gigs looking
>>      for leads and stuff) after a live performance during the tour and
>>      tripped down onto a concrete block poor guy.
>>
>>      Either way, Kate not touring can't still be attributed to this.
>yesno.
>>
>>      Cheers
>>
>>      Leigh
>>

>> ______________________________ Forward Header
>__________________________________
>> Subject: Re: Touring
>> Author:  Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin) at INTERNET
>> Date:    6/20/97 11:49 AM
>>

>> --- Leigh.Perkins@sset.com wrote:
>>  Is everyone aware of the primary reasons that Kate doesn't tour
>>         anymore? I too have always been saddened by the fact that I can't
>
>>         see her perform, but after she lost a crew member to a stage
>
>>         rigging accident she called off any future touring.
>> --- end of quoted material ---
>> Hi,
>>
>>      I may be wrong, but I think Bill died during rehersals thus BEFORE
>the
>> TOur Of Life actually started.
>>

>> peace
>>
>> ron
>>

>I have always heard that the primary reason we don't see her here in the
>states is because she doesn't like to fly.  Kind of difficult to get here
>from England if you don't fly.
>
>But, hey, I like other groups that don't tour, i.e. Steely Dan (at least
>not until recently).  BTW, I'm happy to say that I attended the Aja tour.
>The album came out in 1977(?), the tour occured in 1993.  Now there's a
>long wait for a tour. :-)

I saw Steely Dan in 1974 (!) at the Fairgrounds in beautiful San
Bernardino, CA. The concert ended in a near riot with cherry bombs being
thrown at the stage. The guy that drove me there (I was 15) got stoned, so
I drove us home (about 30 miles or so)...and I still give him a bad time
about it.

I'm still waiting patiently for Kate, however.

- Don