Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTefans, age of

From: R.EISERMANN@LINK-M.de (Ralph Eisermann)
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 00:00:00 +0000
Subject: Re: KaTefans, age of
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

>   In 1978, at the age of 27 I was watching Sat Night Live and the rest is
> and has been history.  I audio taped the show (for the comedy) and had
> that "treasure" until Katetopia came along.

My experience:
I am not really shure, I think it was in late 1987, I took a tape from the
public library next to my school, It was HOL. I was 15/16 years old.
At this time, I was a fan of Mike Oldfield s music, but very diappointed
about his works at this time.
Time to hear something new, I decided. Kate Bush was to me a known artist,
Cloudbusting, HoL, RutH were present in the bavarian broadcasting service
in the mid80ies.
But the 9th wave was totally different from what I exspected.

Then I saw TKI on Tape, and of course I took the tape and a adventure into
my childhood began...some songs sounded pretty familiar, others did not
but I liked them.

I would describe myself as a political thinking human being, and I think
the new romance - approach is even more interesting than a plain protest
song. AD on the NF ist to me are very impressive song, other songs contain
political contents as well
And "Wuthering Heights" itself is political, because it is a protest
against the role a woman had to play in the 19th century.

The Breathing ist to me a historical song of our time, it describes the
angst people had in the early 80ies.

There would be more to tell,

but this time I have to end.

Ralph Eisermann