Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Age-Poll

From: Darkhop <JohnHopkins@darkhop.comX>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 15:08:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Age-Poll
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

As I said on another post, I just found this place, so I'm not sure yet
if I'll be hanging around. But in the interest of demographics....

Male; 37
1st album bought: The Dreaming
Why: Cool cover. I'd seen The Kick Inside when I worked in a record shop
in 1979 but didn't make the connection on first glimpse of tD. I was
interested in dreams at the time & that photo sure looked like one.
Those drums starting off Sat In Your Lap practically made me a fan right
there.
Kate albs I own: all except for Red Shoes (has she made anything since?)
Top three in order: tD, HoL, NFE
Top three tunes in order: Get Out of my House, Gaffa, Jig of Life (this
list would likely change daily)

I came looking for this group because I'm reading The Night Is Large by
Martin Gardner, with an essay about the guy that Cloudbusting is
apparently based on. (And I'm sure someone here has made the connection
between Cloudbusting and Hawkwind's Orgone Accumulator, right? <g>) What
a crock! Has Kate ever talked about him? I'm curious about her take on
this rainmaking machine of his.

Yers,
John
http://www.darkhop.com
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." --Hunter S. Thompson