Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Video Collections

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 10:49:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Video Collections
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> >"We used to fight the man,  Now we fight the Mouse"
> >Americans for Radio Diversity in reference to Disney's
> >buy out and format change of Revolution Radio 105
> >Minneapolis / St Paul

...Re your signature: The Mouse is just a small part of the Man, as I'm
sure you're aware.But about the local issue: I'm curious about what
Revolution 105 was like. I lived in the Twin Cities in 1978-79. About
the hippest thing on the radio back locally then that I could find was
KQRS-FM--and if that was hip, well, I'm Abbie Hoffman. (Come to think of
it, in some ways, maybe I am.) The only thing that didn't absolutely
suck was some college station in St. Cloud. If you've had something
better since then, I really do grieve with you that you lost it.