Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Video Collections

From: Chris Williams <chrisw@wwa.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 00:17:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Video Collections
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Donna Henderson" <donna@math.uconn.edu> wrote:

> I have been getting alot of private e-mail regarding my prior post
> regarding the love hounds collection and the KaTe-Topia video.
>
> I am appealing to the founders of the collections:  Is there a
> 'formal' way for one to request first generation (from masters)
> copies?  There is ALOT of interest in these collections (rightfully
> so, as they are EXTREMELY well done).

    I created The Love-Hounds Collection and sent S-VHS master
tapes to people who could make at least 5 copies each. In this way,
the first distribution covered over 350 people. I have no idea how
many copies are out there now. I'd be happy to make a new S-VHS
master set for anyone who will commit to making at least 5 copies
for anyone who asks.

    The idea is to send two VHS tapes (good quality, no crap) in a
stamped, self-addressed padded envelope. The padded one goes
into a slightly larger envelope and sent to the dubber. In order to
preserve the quality of futher generations we *insist* that copies
*ONLY* be made at the SP (2 hour) speed. This footage stuff is
so worthwhile that it would be a crime to save $4 by trying to
cram it onto a single tape.

> Please advise, curious (and desparate) minds want to know.

    So, there you have it. If you (or anyone) is willing to devote
a few evenings dubbing tapes, you are welcome to an S-VHS
master set from the 3/4" masters.

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb