Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Love Hounds Collection

From: "Donna Henderson" <donna@math.uconn.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 12:27:54 +0000
Subject: RE: Love Hounds Collection
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <donna@tatung.math.uconn.edu>

> Reply to Donna's note today:
>
> >These asian singers (reference "let it be" also) are more 'white' than wayne
> newton.. ok, not *that* white, >but - whoa!
> But...w h a t   does "more white" mean??

You know, "white like wonder bread"  bland, spongy, lounge actish.

I realize (now) that this could come across as racist or cultureist,
I honestly didn't mean it that way.  I am one of the most PC people I
know.  I seriously didn't think of 'white' as caucasian when I typed
it, but as 'white bread' 'wonder bread'.

Feeling like an eye-dee-ten-tee  (ID10T)

d~
"We used to fight the man,  Now we fight the Mouse"
Americans for Radio Diversity in reference to Disney's
buy out and format change of Revolution Radio 105
Minneapolis / St Paul