Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Katemas (Chicago spec.)

From: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 05:29:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Katemas (Chicago spec.)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 03:21 PM 6/12/97 GMT, Thomas wrote:
>Greetings, Gaffans...
>Just wanted to know details about the next Katemas...I've been wanting to
>participate since I found out about it in '94, but haven't had the
opportunity
>until this year...I'll be closest to the Chicago area (I live in the tiny
>village of Minier, IL--Chris/Vickie, are you listening???)

Listening (absent-mindedly), but can't help. We thought we'd be
in a new apartment in a new city by now, but the new city
doesn't want us (er, Chris) anymore, and we haven't yet
found the apartment of our dreams in this city, so we're
still stuck in a teeny tiny "temporary" (ha!) apartment that's
barely big enough for us and our cats. I'd say "next year!"
except that we'll probably be going to WOMAD in England
next year. (We were going to go to WOMAD this year, but
that plan fell by the wayside.)

If we ever do find something that resembles the apartment
of our dreams, maybe we'll have a belated (or beearlyed)
Katemas. Otherwise, Brian, it's all yours. We'll help any way
we can.

(off topic)
Chris and I are looking for a large apartment with at least
2 bedrooms (one is to hide all our junk) with a large
living room (so we can hang our projector and 10' screen)
and a large dining room (so we can set up our computer
networking system) and a large kitchen (so we can cook like
fiends) above a business that closes at night (so we can crank
out Kate on our Carver speakers that have had to stay whisper
quiet) is close to pub trans (because neither of us drives, Blue
Line preferred) that is cable-ready, satellite dish-friendly, has
washer/dryer hookups or a laundrymat no more than a block
away, is within walking-distance to supermarkets and shopping,
is safe and not too expensive, and most important, will allow
us to keep our cats. Surely, *somewhere* in the city of Chicago,
there exists such an apartment. If anyone knows of one, call
773/508-KATE. :-)

>"...see how my fans wait four years so patiently for what they cannot
stand..."
>from "Selling Out"

HAHAHAHA! I assume Kate didn't write these words, but she should have.

Vickie

"Never cry for the rain,
  It brings us soothing sounds
  to sleep by"                   HTR