Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: sexism

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:30:18 -0700
Subject: Re: sexism
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Brian J. Dillard wrote:
> (much of post snipped)

> of course, it could have been some completely different thread which you
> found "sexist." in which case you should say directly what it is that
> bothers you so interested parties can directly engage you in
> conversation about the topic,

(more snipping)

I'm glad you feel that way...because I thought Mike's handling
of this matter was a classy way of admonishing sexist rhetoric
without pointing fingers or deliberately making anyone feel bad
about their involvement. The point isn't always to engage in
conversation (or debate). His point here, obviously, was to put
a conversation to rest, which he (almost) managed with aplomb.

And no, I admittedly have no idea which thread he found
offensive either.

Robb