Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Ninth wave

From: MICSK@leeds.ac.uk (S. Kesavan)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:49:35 +0100 (BST)
Subject: The Ninth wave
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I can't understand how anybody could not enjoy the Ninth wave. It is the
most imaginative musical journey that Kate has ever composed. It takes
you through so many emotions from peace to being trapped under ice,
throught to being condemned (waking the witch), to seeing your life pass
you by (Jig of life),to being up in space (Hello Earth) and then to wake
up to the clear fresh morning fog - it tells a story if you listen to
the lyrics carefully. Nobody could ever compose a masterpiece like that
but Kate.

As for the 'red shoes' - its a good album. I feel that she could have
ommited 'Big stripey lie' which is the only song I dislike of Kates
apart from Walk straight down the Middle.

I suppose my favourite is 'moments of pleasure' and 'song of solomon'

Thats all

S. Kesavan