Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 9th wave

From: delius@xs4all.nl (Marco Gatti)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 16:42:13 GMT
Subject: Re: 9th wave
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Helleu,

>Ifeel I too must now purge my soul of the black lurking shame. I don't
>like the Ninth Wave either.
>I don't hate it, and it has great moments (like Tales of Topographic
>Oceans), but I could live without it.

Are you mad! The Ninth Wave is a little big gem. You know when it's
great... when you consumed a few magic mushrooms. I did and it was
incredible. The music gets so intens ('Waking the Witch' was a little
bit frightening) and the visions you get are unbelievable.
But I guess if you don't like the music you will get in a psychosis.

>By contrast, Cloudbusting, Hounds of Love, and The Big Sky, make me dance
>and spin and laugh and cry at the same time.

Me too.

>And I skip the track Mother Stands for Comfort EVERY time! Can't stand it!

Here I must disagree with again. It's beautiful in his simplicity.

>My biggest KaTe heresy: I do not like RUTH *gasp*.
>HOL shouls have been a 3 song single instead of a two part album!!
>To continue with this shameless apostasy, Kick Inside is KaTe's most
>perfect album.
>Her second best album, and the most underrated, is The Red Shoes. This
>album is only spoiled by that awful Skippy collaboration,Why Should I
>Love You.Remove it, Constellation of the Heart, and (maybe) Top Of the
>City, and the Red Shoes would be perfect.

I think you don't like the Dreaming. I think that's the best album
Kate made. I'm sure that Kate put a lot of herself in the album.
But 'Under the Ivy' is my most precious song. It's still gives me
goosebumps after 12 years.

Greetings Marco
delius@xs4all.nl