Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: U.S. re-release of HoL? When???

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:35:32 -0800
Subject: Re: U.S. re-release of HoL? When???
To: Steve Borden <sborden@netway1.mdc.net>
Cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 7:09 PM -0800 6-12-97, Steve Borden wrote:
>Does anyone know when the EMI re-issue of Hounds of Love will be released
>in the U.S.?

I'd say that "never" is the most probable answer. This is tied into the
100th anniversary of the founding of EMI. That might mean a bit in the UK,
but it doesn't mean anything in the US. There's a series of albums that are
being redone for the occassion (I happen to have the redo of Morrissey's
classic "Viva Hate" album), but I doubt that any of them will be released
here.

>  And for those of you in the U.K. who already have it -- is
>the sound quality significantly better?  Appreciate any info.

Oh, c'mon, Steve. You're going to buy it no matter what...aren't you?

I am.

- Don