Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

EMI Manhattan vs EMI America

From: <gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: 12 Jun 1997 16:17:29 EDT
Subject: EMI Manhattan vs EMI America
To: <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

The other day I stopped at a used CD shop in Atlanta and picked up an
extra The Dreaming CD for one of my brothers (they also had Emily
Bezar's Moon In Grenadine, so I get to try her out).  Looked just like my
copy, so I didn't think much of it.  But then I noticed that instead of
being from EMI Manhattan, it was an EMI America release; My guess is it
was from the original release to the USA back in '82 (Pity the poor lost
soul who actually parted with it!).  When I looked more closely at the
whole thing, I realized that THE BOOKLET HAD ALL THE LYRICS!
Don't know if there is any diff in sound quality, but I know which
booklet my brother is getting.

The point to this is, If you are browsing through used CD's and come
across a KB that you already have the EMI Manhattan version of, at least
look a little closer to see if this one is EMI America or an import. You
might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Neal Mulvenna   IBM Global Services, CLT, NC           __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --
CLT (704) 594-3546 Tuscaloosa (205) 507-3553..........\__/..\__/.......