Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Bush Branch

From: <gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: 3 Jun 1997 17:42:56 EDT
Subject: Re: The Bush Branch
To: <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Interesting collection aforming here.  Some (interim) notes:

1. Milla: She says although her first album was heavily (Ukrainian?)
   folk influenced, her new one is more rock.  Will reserve judgement
   until after it comes out.
   (A lighthearted moment: When she was on the Jay Leno show a couple
   weeks back promoting "The Fifth Element" movie, after she said
   something which included mentioning her derriere as a "butt":
   Milla: "Opps! Can I say 'butt' on TV?"
   Jay:   "Sure."
   Milla: "Cool!      BUTT!"
   Well, ya hadda be there....)

2. Tom Waits: Are we talking about Blues/Gospel/Rocker Tom Waits of
   Island Records fame, he with a voice that sounds like Louis Armstrong
   with a cold (incidentally, his song, "Red Shoes" is totally different
   than Kate's)?  Or is there another Tom Waits?  Anyway, thanks for
   mentioning Tom; I hadn't played any of his stuff in a long time,
   refresher coming up!

3. Suzanne Vega: No, no one has mentioned her, and certainly her voice
   doesn't belong in the same category as Kate or Jane or Sarah, but
   iff yer gonna include Leonard Cohen.......

Neal Mulvenna   IBM Global Services, CLT, NC           __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --
CLT (704) 594-3546 Tuscaloosa (205) 507-3553..........\__/..\__/.......