Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

...just like the Highlander...

From: "Delius" <Jerjerrod@nospamworldnet.att.net>
Date: 1 Jun 1997 22:27:04 GMT
Subject: ...just like the Highlander...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I find all of the banter regarding comparisons of Kate and Tori irritating.  I've been a devoted Kate Bush fan for close to 20 years (I first saw her whilst I was living in Japan in 1977), and also a devoted Tori Amos fan since "Little Earthquakes" in '91.  Now, while there are shocking similarities between the two:

SHOCKING SIMILARITY #1:  They both play the piano & sing.

SHOCKING SIMILARITY #2:  They're both female.

SHOCKING SIMILARITY #3:  They're both beautiful, talented women.

That's it.

Their styles are completely different.  Over the years I've seen alot of so-called "KATE BUSH" wannabe's come and go and that's the whole point...they never last because they can never compare to the original !

I await her new album, and know that it will be as different from "The Red Shoes" as that album was from "The Dreaming" (which I think by far was her best album !)  As for Tori, I love what she does as well.  She takes music to places that other artists only hint at.  I feel that there's more than enough room in this world for two piano playing, thought provoking, conscious altering, golden throated diva's so stop with the comparisons folks !  But, remember, just like the Highlander...there can be only one !

Delius