Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Funny Twirly Arm Thing That Kate Does in SW Video

From: nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave Watkins)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 16:35:47 -0300
Subject: The Funny Twirly Arm Thing That Kate Does in SW Video
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi everybody!

I'm glad some of you enjoyed my little offering about Kate and the
Terminator..........

I was watching the <whisper> Tori Amos video of Winter last night and there
was a point where i had to pause and say.....WHAT???????

Everybody must recall the Funny Twirly Arm Thing (FTAT).  Yeah?  The bit in
the sensual world vid where she is walking through the forest.  (I love
this video BTW.  Kate looks rather dishy.  ....oh and i like the music
too).  Anwyway.

TORI AMOS does the same movement in winter when she is playing with the
little kiddies.  She does the FTAT.  Now either this is a common movement
in dance (representative of something) or whether <very quite>  tori was
inspired by kate's original video, I cannot say.

but Sensual World was in 1989

and Little Earthquakes was in 1991.

hmmmmmmmmm.

Dave

PS I think i'm going to write to the makers of T2 and demand that Kate is
put on the soundtrack.  Anyone want to back me up :)