Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: In General...I NEED HELP!

From: Silo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 20:04:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: In General...I NEED HELP!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Lurker-mode = off;

>I then shifted myself to some research on some of her earlier music. I
>had found out four years ago, that Pat Benatar (another of my faves) had
>a covered of a Kate tune. That's when I decided that I had to hear the
>original.  WOW!!!  was my response, what an experience. She was great
>then, and hasn't seemed to lose her maturity since.

I loved Pat Benatar's first couple albums, and my favorite song by her
was "Wuthering Heights".  Imagine my sense of shock when I discovered
it was a cover of a Kate Bush tune!

>I haven't bought any other albums other the three I have right now, can
>assist me in my purchasing probs? btw, the three I have: TSW, The Kick
>Inside and The Red Shoes. I have seen some others out, but was hesitant
>(or fell toward my current listening taste.)

I assume your "purchasing probs" are in deciding what order to buy her
remaining albums.  Try the Hounds of Love, then The Dreaming, then
Never Forever.  You'll get the rest all by yourself.

The Whole Story is a 'best of' the first 5 albums with a 'new vocals'
version of Wuthering Heights, in case you want instant aural gratification.

>el mew
>she pads, paws...,
>pads, paws and claws.

Wow, another Costello fan, too!