Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What made you become a Kate Bush fan?

From: "Felicia Derian" <fderian@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 22:02:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: What made you become a Kate Bush fan?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

It's interesting to hear how people got into her. As far as my story goes,
I had heard of her; seen her a few times on MTV (The Dreaming), heard her a
few times on college radio. But I was working in a record store, and
"Hounds of Love" had just come out.
My manager was playing that record pretty consistently. I thought it was
really weird. Everytime he put it on I was thinking "What the heck is
this?" This went on for a couple weeks, and then one day, I was at work,
and my manager was playing that record, and I stopped in the middle of it,
looked up and thought "Hey, I really like this." I've been a fan since
then.

My best friend is also a Kate Bush fan. Neither one of us knew eachother
when we became fans, so the fact that we both like her is just an odd
coincidence. Of course, it is sort of a linking subject between the two of
us.

I worked with a girl who was a fan, and when she found out I was also one,
she was, like, "Wow... I didn't know you liked her. I guess you're cool."

Well, that's what she said.