Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #110

From: MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 13:27:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #110
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
CC: MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca

Re Lisa Dalbello:
Yes, she is very good. Unfortunately her recording history is spotty. She had
several albums (now all out of print, I believe) in the early 80s, the most
notable of which was Pretty Girls. This song was covered (not very well) by
Melissa Manchester.
\Then in the mid-80s she had two albums out, She and Whomanfoursays. I have
seen She in some record stores, but I believe the other is out of print too.
Very recently, she released Whore, which is a tremendous album. I am not sure
if it got a US release but it is definitely still available in Canada.
Since the mid-80s, the records have been released as Dalbello (not Lisa
Dalbello).

While we're on the subject of fabulous Canadians, one record that I have
recently really enjoyed is Sara Craig's Miss Rocket. The video for this seems
somewhat Kate-like to me, although I couldn't put my finger on why.

CHeers, Fiona