Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Found Treasure

From: hedgefield@aol.com (Hedgefield)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 01:19:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Found Treasure
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Posted-Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 11:37:28 -0400

I found a used copy of Lionheart in my local cd shop the other day,(of
course I snagged it) and also saw a used copy of Whole Story. I can
understand why someone might get rid of Story, perhaps they bought it for
one song or something, but WHO gets rid of Lionheart? I am still catching
up on Kate's work on cd, (I still listen to vinyl) and find Lionheart to
be some of her best work, still.  Also, does anyone out there know any of
the vampire themes that run through Kates work? A couple of people that I
have met have turned me on to the running jokes. It's a bit like the Paul
is dead themes that the Beatles did, I know some of them, but I don't know
them all. I should contact a friend and try to make a list of them if
anyone is interested. Some of them are intentional and some are probably
purely speculative, but the person who initially turned me on to these
themes used to work for a distributive branch of EMI, and he claimed to
have confirmation on some of them. He could have been full of crap too.
OK...I will shut up...for now anyway.