Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane Siberry

From: David Jacobsen <hifidelity@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 21:19:20 +0000
Subject: Jane Siberry
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

First time writing to the list, but it's great to see someone referring to
Canadian music.  There are a lot of great female singers in Canada besides
Sarah McLachlan and Jane Siberry.  And no, I'm not Canadian.

If you are interested in Sarah at all I would suggest her label's sight...

www.nettwerk.com

Also of note, her Lileth Fair (Celebration of Women in Music) tour is hitting
various cities in North America this summer and will include:

Fiona Apple, Autour de Lucie, The Cardigans, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Neneh
Cherry, Paula Cole, Shawn Colvin, Indigo Girls, Jewel, Lisa Loeb, Aimee Mann,
Joan Osborne, Suzanne Vega, Wild Colonials, Victoria Williams, and Kelly Willis
so far in various lineups.

Information about the tour is also available on the Nettwerk site.

My top five (in no particular order)............

Love and Anger
Hello Earth
Wuthering Heights
The Man With The Child in His Eyes
Experiment IV

I would appreciate recommendations on other female singers and where to
purchase.