Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

FW: Lindsay Kemp

From: Mike Wade <mwade@oxfam.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 97 11:41:00 G
Subject: FW: Lindsay Kemp
To: "'Love Hounds'" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 22 TEXT

Re Richard's note about Lindasy Kemp and the stage play "Flowers":

Yup - I'd forgoton about "Flowers". (Based on - I think - "Our Lady of the
Flowers" by Jean Genet) . I remember an interview with Kate in which she
talked about how she got interested in music and dance/mime. Her comment was
something like -

" I went to see this play, "Flowers" and didn't really know what to expect.
I thought it would be people dancing around, dressed as flowers or
something. Anyway, when the curtain opened there was this funny little guy,
just sitting wanking on the edge of the stage. And I thought it was so
beautiful, he was there giving himself physically to the music" .  Kate
followed with some ambiguous comment that she wanted to be able to
incorporate phsyical movement and music in the same way. or, rather, to the
same extent.

Linsay Kemp is still around - I saw him performing in Oxford a couple of
months ago, and he's as brilliant as ever.