Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Comic Relief

From: nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 12:35:53 -0300
Subject: Comic Relief
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

>Have all the problems been sorted out now, as I couldn't send any messages to
>the list for a few days last week?
>
>Anyway, was Kate in comic relief last Friday? I taped it but haven't seen it
>yet.
>
>Any news on the HOL special edition?
>

>Kevin ;-)

Well she didn't appear on the live broadcast but they did show the original
comic relief in (I think) 1986.  A very 'HOL' looking Kate appeared on
stage to sing "Do Bears" with Rowan Atkinson and at the end to sing "Do
they know it's  Christmas Time" next to Stephen Fry and co.!

Does anyone know if she sang a song at the event?  I think it could have
been "RUTH" or "Breathing".
She was also the butt of some weird jokes with Adrian Edmonson and Rik
Mayall, i'll try and transcribe it if i get time.

She was also mentioned last night on that crappy 25 minute pile of poo that
is Trevor and Simon's Mission Impossible as an example of an 'Australian
Bush'.

Dave