Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kashka from Baghdad

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 12:46:10 -0800
Subject: Re: Kashka from Baghdad
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

OneLessMan wrote:

(on homosexual-themed katesongs)

> Well, the first one that comes to mind is Queen Eddie which is on the Home
> Demo Cd

Duh! I wasn't even thinking of the demos for some reason.   :)

> I'd really have to look through the others to remember
> which ones.  Off hand I think that there is a small homosexual tone to Eat
> The Music..."he's a woman at heart, and I love him for that."

I don't know if that's necessarily gay...I've always thought the
song was sexual and that the "character" singing just loves the
sensitive, feminine side of her lover...so much so that she
wants to put the stone of his mango in her mouth...and then pull
a plum out. Lucky fellatio...umm, I mean fellow.   ;)

BTW what's
> your Westhollywood address, I'd like to come by for a visit if you don't
> mind.

  I'll e-mail my number.

Robb