Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WFIT

From: "John D. Walker" <jdwalker@post.cis.smu.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 12:31:40 -0600 (CST)
Subject: WFIT
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Whoa is right, Meth, this is just too bizarre.....

Sounds like you got to the area right after I left.  I graduated at the
end of 1986 and moved to TX, never to be seen or heard from again.

WFIT was a good station although their range was pretty limited.  If you
got more then 10 miles away from the college, you couldn't pick them up
at all.  That's a shame, because they did a great service to the area by
being very open-minded in their programming.  At the time that I was living
there, they were playing a lot of stuff that later became more mainstream,
like REM, Black Flag, the Smiths, the Cure, Kate, Ultravox, etc.  I've
heard that they've become more ratings consious in recent years, and quit
playing such a wide variety of material (I think this is true of most
public and college radio these days.... sad.)

While I was at school, I hated the station for the most part (no metal,
you understand) but the constant exposure to it over the 4 1/2 years I
attended school there did have an effect on a subconsious level.  Clearly
in the case of HoL, it made an impact.  I also liked that one Smiths song
with the heavily tremeloed guitar on it.  They played the crap out of
that one!

BTW, my roommate was fired from his DJ job for playing Rush's 2112 in
its entirity at 3am one morning.....

JW      jdwalker@post.smu.edu

Enter the Realm - the LOCHINVAR Home Page!
http://members.aol.com/LordLknvar/realm.htm
Email: LordLknvar@aol.com