Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate backing vocals

From: Bob Haberkost <Bob-RavenswoodEngrg@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 23:51:34 -0500
Subject: Kate backing vocals
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I know from past musings the impact that Kate has made on all of us in
the simple appearance as a background singer for a lot of our other
favorite artists, but I was wondering if the group knew of one somewhat
more obscure perfomer in which Kate (perhaps surprisingly) appears.

I just today listened again to this disk that I picked up, used, from
our local library's semi-annual book sale.  The performer in question
had only one recognisable hit, and at that I only heard it on college
radio stations.  It was out at about the same time as Suzanne Vega's
first hit, as well as Peter Gabriel's Don't Give Up - in other words,
about the same time as Hounds, in 1984.

The performer - Midge Ure.  The cut - Brother and Sister, which in my
mind could only have been appropriately backed with the inimitable style
(even though some, like Happy Rhodes, tries) that we all know and love.

The most recognised cut on this CD is Dear God.