Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's Irishness

From: Wendy Collinson <wendy.c@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 10:43:10 -0000
Subject: Kate's Irishness
To: "'lovehounds'" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Kate is English, born in Kent I believe, but her mother was Irish.

Kate uses Irish musicians, instruments, rhythms and mythologies which
add yet more dimensions to her beautiful music but I'm sure I read once
somewhere that despite Kate having visited Ireland on many occasions,
she said it had not felt like "home" to her, or she had not felt a
connection that she expected to have, given the obvious extent of the
Irish influence on her musically.   (I hope I have not misquoted her
here, otherwise these musings are a bit of bollocks, really!).  I find
this very interesting.

Love & Regards,

Wendy

"And this is where I want to be,
	But I know that this will never be mine ..."

"Never Be Mine", The Sensual World