Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TWW and tears

From: Rod Kratochwill <Rod.Kratochwill@itron.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:06:31 -0500
Subject: TWW and tears
To: "love-hounds" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:07:13 -0600 lenore@mail.microserve.net said:

>Kate's video is nothing compared to the effect the song gives in the
>movie "She's Having a Baby" with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern. The
>movie's about a relationship between a struggling newly married couple.
>When she goes into labor something goes wrong and "This Woman's Work"
>plays over the entire traumatic scene. I cry every single time I watch
>that movie.

My first daughter Lindsey was born via an emergency C-Section (footling
breech).  I was away on business (the due date was a month away) and was on
a plane trying to get home when she was delivered.  They waited as long as
they could but I was about an hour or two late.  What a strange trip that
was.

Any way, years later we were watching "She's Having a Baby" on TV for the
first time, not knowing that TWW was part of the movie, and ... it was a
very emotional experience, and continues to be to this day.  I too cry
every time I watch the movie and or hear the song (sometimes even just
thinking about it, sniff sniff).

Oh and Lindsey is fine, she'll be eight this year.

Rod

Rod Kratochwill     rkrato@gte.net
  http://home1.gte.net/rkrato