Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Trouser Press

From: spike45@sos.sos.net (wayne fisher)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 12:30:47 -0800
Subject: Trouser Press
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

- Stev0 the mod wrote:

>Those of us who remember the greatest music magazine of
>all time, Trouser Press, will be glad to know they finally
>have a web site, done only a decade or so after they printed
>their last issue.
>
>Here's what they say about Kate:
>
>http://www.trouserpress.com/bandpages/KATE_BUSH.html

I checked it out and here is something amazing I found.

Trouser Press:
>Hounds of Love divides into separately titled halves. The "Hounds of Love" side
>contains one of Bush's most impressive songs, "Running Up That Hill (A Deal
>with God)," plus other similarly complex and enticing creations; "The Ninth
>Wave" side offers an overextended contemplation on drowning--impressive,
but >not really enjoyable.

Overextended? Impressive to say the least. But not really enjoyable? I think
most of us here would agree to disagree with this. Someone wasn't listening.
Contemplation on drowning...hmmm. I believe it's a bit more than that. Don't
you?

Take care.
Wayne