Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

missing digests/aphex twin

From: "Brian J. Dillard" <dillardb@pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:18:20 -0300
Subject: missing digests/aphex twin
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Dear Love-Hounds,

I, too, missed out on about a week's worth of digests, from Monday 10
thru Sun 17 February. Did this happen to a whole bunch of folks? If so,
is there any way the week's worth of digests could be sent out to folks?

KATE KONTENT: Has anybody else had a chance to hear the Aphex Twin disc
with the sample from the 12-inch of "Experiment IV"? I posted about it a
few weeks ago. It's a track called "4" on the new album "Richard D.
James" and it's amazing. A little detail about Aphex Twin I forgot to
mention in the original post is that he first garnered attention in the
techno world for a track in the early 90s called "Digeridoo"--haven't
ever heard it but if he's enough of a Kate buff to have the E-IV 12-inch
or the boxed set, I'd venture to guess that Kate could have been the one
whose music exposed him to the digeridoo. Anyway, for a review of the
disc by yours truly check out:
http://pilot.msu.edu/user/dillardb/ and select "Aphex Twin" from the
menu.

--
    Brian J. Dillard * mailto:dillardb@pilot.msu.edu
Relativity, the Music Webzine That Doesn't Discriminate