Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Hound, Dreams

From: The.UnderToad@goodyear.com
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 14:36:46 GMT
Subject: Re: New Hound, Dreams
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Grifone <grifone@rad.net.id> spoke:
> Subject: a new fan from Indonesia
>
> Hi everyone, i'm Wanda, a new fan in Indonesia. Wuthering heights never
> get me bored (i have played the CD for hundred times).
>   In Indonesia you can easily find major Kate album, but i don't know
> where to buy the CD of her b-sides songs or the demo songs.I haven't
> heard the alternative Hounds of love or burning bridge,etc
> Can somebody somewhere answer my questions/comment :
> 1. Will Kate release a new album in a short time ?
No. :(

> 2. Is there any CD that contain Kate's b-side songs (not the box set i
> mean) ?
There are bootlegs of the two b-side CDs from the box set,
called _This_Woman's_Work_Extended_, Vol's 1,2 and 3.  1 and
2 are copies of the box CDs, with added material.  #3 is a
collection of live performances.  I don't know where or even
if one could still get these.  (I don't have them--just the
regular box set.)

> 3. I also desperately seeking Candle in the Wind (i already have the
> Rocket Man)
That would appear on one of _TWW_Extended_, mentioned in
(2).

> 4. Alanis sucks
Yeah, especially at the movies.

> 5. What are your Kate favorite songs, i ask this thing because i haven't
> found anyone in my area to discuss about her songs
Cloudbusting, The Man with..., "The Ninth Wave" (cheater,
cheater, shrunken ...)

Speaking of dreams...

About a month before _The_Sensual_World_ was released, I
dreamed Kate was touring America, and I was only, like, 3
rows back in the theater.  BUT, she's wasn't "performing",
she was standing at a podium at the base of a movie screen,
answering questions.  Then she presented her "film":

It was in a forest, late fall or early winter.  Kate runs
through the frame and we follow her.  She is wearing clothes
made from pieces of fur, kinda like from a depiction of
Cro-Magnons.  As we follow her flight we see another figure
pursuing her.  It is a man dressed similar to her.  She
dodges around trees and over the rough terrain, but the man
is gaining on her.  Suddenly, she has a mis-step and the man
overtakes her.  They struggle somewhat ferociously (I seem
to recall them swinging big clubs like something out of The
Flintstones) before he throws her to the ground and jumps on
top of her.

I wake up.

There!  You know everything.  Are you happy now?!

pDaleC - [pdc AT acorn.net]
Previous selection: _Three_Ships_, Jon Anderson
Now playing: _Thick_as_a_Brick_
Next up: probably some Nanci Griffith
KT =========   u m o p   a p ! s d n   ========= KT