Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

references to kate ....

From: Nic Ford <106503.760@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 18:25:07 -0500
Subject: references to kate ....
To: "INTERNET:love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Three references to Kate in the media over the last couple of weeks ...

"Kate Bush & Felicity Kendall were the Sodom & Gommorah of '70's British
culture ... "  (BBC Radio 4)

"If Courtney Love were trapped in the body of Kate Bush, the result might
be something close to Tori Amos".  (Time Out, Jan 15-22, 1997)

"There's a slight plus in that Kate Bush, Annie Lennox and Eric Clapton
haven't been offered their annual nominations (for the Brit Awards) for
existing but that aside, it can only be surmised that whoever assembled
this list has done no more by way of research than jot down the names of
anyone who'se been  on the cover of Q magazine in the last 12 months."  (as
above).

Discuss!!

Also, for those of you who subscribe to Homeground and have received the
latest issue, my thoughts on the ongoing debate about Kate and her fans:  I
quote from "Never Be Mine" .... (The Sensual World):

"...And this is where I want to be,
This is what I need ...
This is where I want to be,
But I know that this will never be mine."

Did anything every sum up the tension every fan feels (no matter what they
say!) between wanting more of Kate and respecting her privacy, as these
lines do.

As for the Cathy demos, "Ferry Me Over" & "Davy" are heart-stopping faves,
but let's face it, they're all so gorgeously moving ... if only for the
fact that it's Kate and her piano and when are we ever likely to get so
close to the spirit and intimacy of her performances (for those of us who
haven't seen her live) again?

Lots of love

Wendy
106503.760@compuserve.com