Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT reference

From: pdCampbell@goodyear.com (pDaleCampbell)
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 20:30:29 GMT
Subject: KT reference
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

This took me a while to get posted:

The 1996-12-30 issue of the Akron (Ohio) Beacon Journal had
a review by David Sowd of a concert in Cleveland by
Barenaked Ladies.  In regard to the opening act, he had this
to say:

> Paula Cole, a slinky singer-songwriter whose art-rock
> vocal idiosyncrasies -- sudden octave leaps, chilling
> screams, etc. -- bear some resemblance to those of
> Kate Bush and Tori Amos, opened the evening with a
> fine 40-minute set.
>
> Accompanying herself at the piano and backed by
> imaginative drummer Jay Bellerose, the 28-year-old
> chanteuse served up six poignant originals (including
> _Happy_Home_, _Throwing_Stones_, _Mississippi_ and
> the eerie _Hitler's_Brothers_) before closing with a
> hip reading of Dolly Parton's 1974 classic, _Jolene_.

___ "I think you're all completely mad"-Kate (to her fans)
 |\                                                   pdc@acorn.net