Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mail vagaries (the only Kate content is/was inside the bags)

From: gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 97 16:55:23 EST
Subject: Mail vagaries (the only Kate content is/was inside the bags)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I didn't get response back from everyone I sent some holiday shruberries to
but assuming I got all that I'm gonna get, I found the travel times quite
interesting.  I mailed out cassettes in eight padded envelopes on the afternoon
of Mon 16 Dec from a rural post office near Birmingham, Alabama.
- The first one was received in Texas by Wed 18 Dec.  Understandable, since it
was pretty much a straight shot down Interstate Hwy #59 and #10, and Houston
makes a big sucking noise.
- The last one (not counting the CD to Elizabeth, which may have ended up on
a returning pineapple boat to Aloha Tower) finally got to Ontario yesterday,
02 Jan. I dunno, maybe they only do the border crossings at night when there is no moon. Or worse, it goes by Amtrak to the Canadian

Well, it was fun playing Santa, and I'll probably send out a couple more
belateds in the next week or two.
Neal Mulvenna                                          __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --
phones: 205-507-3553; 704-594-3546          ..........\__/..\__/.......