Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hounds of love

From: llovich@aol.com
Date: 3 Jan 1997 15:57:54 GMT
Subject: Re: Hounds of love
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

ariusz@byd.ternet.pl (Ariusz Nowak) wrote:

>Everybody, Kate Bush fans, please answer me !
>Do you like the album version of HoL or the Alternative version ?
>Thank you

>I like the album version, but for me it was always too short. So I was
>glad to hear the Alternate version. IMHO that version is very good. It's
>not just the extended album version but it's quite different. When I
listen to
>it I like to think that it was made just for fun. Kate seems to have a
very good
>time singing it.

Obviously EMI America thought the album version was too short, too. When
they released the single in the U.S. (with a photo sleeve that was the
same photo as the HoL cover but with a frame), they included an extended
mix of the track on the b side.

It's a re-edited (not remixed) version of the lp version of HoL that goes
on for about four minutes (obviously, there's some repetition). I don't
think it's some great lost item but it is an interesting curiousity for
the hard-core fan. I occassionally see this 7" single at record
conventions in the U.S

VanceMan.

"Just saying it can even make it happen ...
    All I have to do is say it for you."
-- "Cloudbusting," K. Bush