Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

boots for Griphon

From: Kelley Hays-Gilpin <Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 19:32:24 -0700 (MST)
Subject: boots for Griphon
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
A1-type: MAIL
Alternate-recipient: prohibited
Sender: owner-love-hounds
UA-content-id: A2021ZWQKS9O0T

Griphon and others, where does one find the Alt. version of HoL?
I only have the album version, so I can't answer the question
of which do I like best.  But I can answer which boots to buy--
one of my two favorite purchases of 1996 was "This Woman's Work
Extended II" which has lots and lots of KaTe b-sides including
my favorite, Under the Ivy.  The quality is GOOD.  It's
still available from http://www.cdnow.com, and no, I don't work for them.
They also have Live at the Hammersmith Odeon and the Singles File
videos for sale (NTSC), and some other volumes of the TWW boots
which have been discussed here at various times.  Vol. III is
a probable purchase for me w/ Xmas-$-from-relatives-who-got-
tired-of-buying-clothes-I-never-wear--it has just a few b-sides
like "You Want Alchemy" and, if I remember, some live/alt.
versions o' stuff.

My other favorite 1996 release was Susan McKeown
and the Chanting House, "Bones" from 1800PrimeCD (which I also
do not work for).  Perhaps some of you in the US or borderlands Canada
caught Susan's version of Auld Lange Syne on NPR's "All Things
Considered" last night...I nearly WEPT, it was so beautiful.

Wishing all of you a very happy New Year (yes indeedy, I am finishing
off last night's champagne.  Made it to midnight EST but couldn't
stay awake for '97's arrival here in the Mountain time zone.  BTW,
Griphon, where DO you live?)

cheers,
Kelley (working a govenment job in Arizona, but not for THE Government).