Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-49 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KateWorlds

From: len bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 12:41:56 -0600
Subject: KateWorlds
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I have put up the new version with the
background sphere as suggested by Geoff and
Chris at SGI.  This works.  It slows down the
animation a bit as expected.  Looks nice though.

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~cbullard

I've added a wave file which the start prox
sensor kicks off.  This .wav is about half a meg
which is as small as I could make it before
the sound began to crackle unacceptably.
It wonka's, then gives a taste of Kate's music.
No more than that.  Too big.  CD-ROM is a
better media for this kind of thing.

On 14.4, the wav takes around six minutes to load.
A Bryan Dongray midi (Babooshka) starts when the page loads, so let it
finish and/or select another from the list in
the html frame.  CosmoPlayer PC lets you
wander around the world while the wav is
the prox sensor to start the animation and
sound is in the region between the entry
and start views.  The animation starts, then
the sound goes off whenever it completes the
load.  PAGE/DOWN or PAGE/UP switches
the cameras.

len