Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW Vol. III & live

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 96 11:08:48 +0100
Subject: Re: TWW Vol. III & live
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi!

Darell wrote:
> On the disk itself, the only ID is GEMA which I believe I read
> here in love-hounds is a German company, Am I correct??

Almost. GEMA isn't a record company, it's the German copyright society,
i.e. the organization that deals with music publication rights,
comparable to BIEM/STEMRA, BMI/ASCAP etc.
Whether the bootleggers actually paid some license fees to the GEMA
or just pretend is unknown.

> Also, What is the difference between the original and the re-issues
> of the picture disk for 'The Kick Inside'.

The first edition has an exactly round "Limited Edition Picture Disc"
sticker on the cover, and the inscription "Remember Yourself"
("Rember Yourself" ???) in the runout groove area.
The reissue has an oval LE/PD sticker and no inscription.
I'm not sure about the catalog numbers (I don't have a picture disc
either), but EMC 3223 is the cat# of the standard TKI vinyl, EMCP 3223
is probably for the picture disc.

ciao,
Rolf