Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

dance mixes

From: Jon Haverman <haves@en.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 18:01:30 -0500 (EST)
Subject: dance mixes
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

ron's reply:
>- --- "Brian J. Dillard" wrote:
> but I would
>love to see Kate follow Tori's lead and collaborate with some house,
>techno, drum-n-bass or trip-hop djs.
>- --- end of quoted material ---
>NOOOOOOO!  please!    "disco" or "dance" remixes ALWAYS destroy the song.
>.  Aren't there enough mindless
>and brainless artists out there to do that kind of crap??    :-P
>Kate tried it....and IMHO it didn't work.  Tori has tried it, and tried it
>Kate, don't waste you time on such banalities

i rarely get involved in people's opinions, but for once i totally agree
with ron here. I've followed both artist, almost from the onset of
both. I've almost given up on tori, and with all these mindless
dance mixes. I had to live through disco in my early 20's, thank
God I'm old and married now, as I don't think I could live through
these techno dance places now. Mindless dribble. I'd rather hear
nothing from Kate,  than to hear her songs repeated, drum-peated,
dance-peated, deplipeated.

.  you're music is above that.