Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

tori almost and MORE!!!

From: "Natalie" <nhar3405@SIMCL.STJOHNS.EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 11:50:41 EST
Subject: tori almost and MORE!!!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

hello all,
firstly, thanks to everyon ewho answered my question about lily.  Ok,
now this whole tori thing...everyone is entitled to share their
opinion, so here goes. I used to like Tori a lot, I even went to her
concerts, bought the crappy merchandise, the whole nine yards.  But
after I got "Into the Pink", i realized, quite bluntly, that I
couldn't understand a damn thing she was singing about!  Her songs
make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, how can I appreciate that?
One friend of mine is positive that she just picks words at random
and strings them together.  I showed this friend "Feel It" from the
Hammersmith odeon video, and he was gobsmacked, he thought it was
tori in 1979!
 On the other hand, tori got me into Kate in a big way.  I didn't
grow up here in the US, I grew up in Europe where Kate is quite
popular.  So in about 1991 or so, i picked up a copy of TWS, as i
liked a lot of the songs on it, and I was totally overwhelmed by it,
especially "Breathing".  Try and compare something like Cornflake
Girl to "Breathing"...need I say more?

One more thing...I know that there are a lot of  bands out now who
quote Kate as an influence, such as the Bluetones and Suede.  What
are your opinions on these bands?

ok, bye bye
natalie