Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A new Kate bootleg?

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 05 Dec 96 08:35:41 EST
Subject: A new Kate bootleg?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi Folks,

    I just picked up a bootleg CD that nobody's mentioned before.
It's called Gold Ballad. catalog #: DOG 10001.    It's basically
a greatest hits CD. it has 20 tracks:     (total time:  72:30)

 Army Dreams  (sic)
 Oh England My Lionheart
 The Heavy People (sic)
 December Will Be Magic Again   (the regular version)
 Running Up That Hill
 And So Is love
 Ran Tan Waltz
 Wuthering Heights
 Babooshka
 The Man With The Child In His Eyes
 Under Ice
 Egypt
 Moving
 The Wedding List
 Symphony In Blue
 Cloudbusting
 L'Amour Looks Something Like You
 The Sensual World
 Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake
 Strange Phenomena.

The front cover of the CD is the back cover of Lionheart, the back cover has
a small "cameo" pic. of Kate (Hammer Horror single cover pic) and the titles.
The back of the front cover (not a booklet) has the "ninth Wave" picture and
the titles again.

the small print:  This compilation P + C  1996 DOG est.
                  Licensed from EMI records Ltd.
                  Printed In Portugal
                  ADD

No song titles on the CD itself.  Black writing "Kate Bush Gold ballads"
and black stripes.   "made in the EC"    B.I.E.M.  STEMRA
All right reserved....  yadda yadda yadda.....

Sound Quality is consistant with a CD.  In other words, no "clicks and pops".

So, is this a bootleg?   It sure looks like one.

Uli,  an addition to your Discography?

peace

ron