Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Can't Make Myself Enter the Subject

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 12:49:46 -0600
Subject: Can't Make Myself Enter the Subject
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
CC: wyzdom@skypoint.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>From: Mark Nesser <>

>Yes, I'm responding also to the message about Tori's bootleg(oh,sweet
>old england). I think Tori is very talented, but lets face it , she
>still can't compare to Kate . It's just upsetting to see Tori get the
>recognition in the U.S. ,that Kate deserves !!

I used to get upset.  I got better. Now I get MAADDDD!

nah!  I've spent all of my life on stages watching
every kind of competition, cooperation, and downright
nastiness among performers and their supporters.  It
never made the music better.  It sometimes drove a
decent and talented artist out of the business.
Consider the space of beautiful things and ask yourself
if removing one is a worthy act.

Kate can come to America any time she chooses, any
place she chooses, and charge whatever she likes.
I'll be there if I can.  Tori has her own thing
and I don't dislike it, and I don't kick it.
I just am not in need of reflection on or
protoscopic examination of my depraved innards
any longer, so I don't gravitate to that music.

Kate enchanted me long ago, and like a lifelong lover,
I always want to see her face, hear her voice,
and drink in the love she puts in art for the taking.
She's the original sweetie of the rockTribe.
If she wants more attention, she knows how to
get it and where to find it.  I don't ever
worry about Kate Bush.  She is immortal.  I
occasionally worry about Cathy Bush and hope
she is happy, healthy, busy, and well... loved enough.

Tori deserves her success.  She has worked hard for it.
Let her be.

len bullard

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~cbullard